When we use the spiritual to accommodate the physical, we have lost our correct perspective. The physical should be the tool for finding our spiritual selves.
Freedom is often a goal we want. We desire freedom from financial concerns and pain, such as anger, anxiety, depression, etc. We believe that once the body’s concerns are taken care of, we will feel free. But those who have achieved fame, fortune and health, realized that this is not true. It’s in the mind where happiness, joy, love and true freedom is found. The mind is not your brain, but rather a spiritual conciousness which is the gateway to your true self.
Finding freedom for the mind will eventually lead you on a spiritual journey towards love and a strong connection between the Creator and all of humanity — and away from fear, pain and loneliness.
Freedom is achieved by:
- Connecting to our Creator, through methods such as prayer, meditation, shamanic journeying, yoga, etc.
- Forgiving others and ourselves
- Understanding that this life is a temporary awareness and a complete distortion of our true spiritual selves
- Learning that we are loved completely by our Creator and are able to share that love
- Knowing that we have the power of our Creator, since we are created in his image. We are not weak and held hostage by this world.
- Learning to follow the Spirit’s guidance on a daily basis. We can begin to make the correct decisions for our lives when we follow the Spirit’s lead, instead of following our own perspective which is often incorrect and limited.
Freedom is found by following the Spirit’s guidance, but we often believe this means we will lose our worldly possessions. The Spirit is not concerned about taking away something from you — whether you are rich or poor is not important. The Spirit only uses physical means as a tool to help you find freedom.
We are eternal spirits, so our concerns about this temporary physical realm are misguided. The Spirit will make sure that you have what you need. It only asks that you allow It to lead the way. When you no longer worry about having your needs met, you can be free at last!